Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 4

finally got into Chaing Mai from the overnight bus around 6am. Everyone of us looking haggard and annoyed. This is when we made a group decision to not walk to our hostel, but to take a truck truck we call them. Its a truck with seats in the back and our bags go on top. Very simple really. Got to our hostel none of us feeling tired or cranky anymore so we decided bfast would be the best way to start the day. Got me some fried rice and felt like a million dollars.

After bfast went back to the hostel we all took a shower and myself, Teale, and Steph took off on an adventure to find fresh fruit... which we did. All three of us bought a giant thing of watermelon, and gobbled it right up all hoping to poop in the near future sincethe pooping was a bit of an issue for the three of us.Went back to the hostel, our leaders Amanda and Jonah brought us a list of clues and broke us up into groups of three. Scavenger hunt time. Went around the city of Chaing Mai all day pretty much getting lost, and taking some ridiculous pictures. In the end we found our way back to the hostel after some serious bartering on my part with a Tuk Tuk driver. In the end we got what we wanted and he lost big time.

That night we went out for supper at this small restaurant, this is where our leaders mentioned we were going to get fish massages after and that tomorrow, we would be going to the flight of the gibbons. Not gonna lie.... pumpedddd!! After the massage, which still I could not allow those damn fish to eat my feet.... I was still too afraid. God I am a baby. I did let them eat my hands which is a bit of improvement on my part I must admit. A couple of us... really only the drinkers and the smokers... that's what our group has been broken down to. The drinkers and the smoker vs the sleepers. Just saying though the drinkers and smokers have much more fun. We decided to go to the night market and chill out at this very chill restaurant drinking some Chang and playing drinking games until it was time to peace to bed to wake up at 4am.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I'm glad you're not a sleeper.
    Also, next time you attempt the fish eating your feet i'm sure it'll happen because "third times a charm!"

    ReplyDelete