Friday, May 28, 2010

Day 5

Ok so we woke up at around 4:30 am to get ready to catch a bus at 6am. God that was not fun let me tell you. The early mornings are killing me, because we all know I am not the first one to go to bed at night so this means I am getting no sleep on this trip. Something has gotta change soon because the bags under my eyes are taking over.

Got on the bus and drove for an hour up the mountain into the rain forest where we spent the dy zip-lining. It was called flight of the Gibbons, good experience everyone should do it... you can do it in Thailand or Laos. Anyways got to the building, met our guides... they were some characters letme tell you. Didn't feel like my life was in good hands with them,but I decided to trust them anyways. Got all the gear on, one wedgy and camal toes at a time. It was a pretty sight, just saying. Once we were all ready we started our adventure. Me being scared of hights did not help the situation, because the guides made me go first to fuck with my head. Not my favorite moment in life. After a while as the day went on I stopped holding on and let myhands go free... still screaming though.
Once the zip-lining was over and done with we trekked up the side of one of the largest waterfalls in Thailand... long journey up, and a whole lot of sweat. Finally made it to the top and the view was magical. You could see the entire rain forest it was amazing. Chilled up there for a while collecting my thoughts... no still haven't figured out what I wanna do with my life, but all in all, it was quite entertaining. The hike down wasn't so smooth, made it all the way to the bottom without falling until the very end where I fell. Ass, everything wet, that was fine though, no big deal or anything just everyone watching me making fun of me. Myself-esteem wasn't shot to the ground or anything, I was mearly setting a fashion statement... a wet ass is in guys didn't you hear.

After spending the day in the rain forest we took the bus back fown the mountain, we all got showers and then headed out for some food. After food we all decided it would be a good idea to go have a few beers. Well a few beers turned into much more and a long night of partying. I cannot tell any of you what actually happened that night because we all swore to secrecy. But in the end we made it home around 5:30 am safe and sound and very haggard and headed to bed for a couple hours since we had to be up in a few hours time... no big deal right.


Also on day 4, at supper time our trip leaders Amanda and jonah ordered a plate of bugs. Some of the group were trying bugs and a couple of us were not, me included. Eventually Amanda talked me into eating a silk worm for Ellen D, and I did, but it was puked up very soon after. Good experience, but no I will never eat another bug in my life. So disgusting, I can still taste the worm in my mouth it was so nasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment