Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 20

Woke up around 7ish not feeling the greatest. I was unsure why since I didn't go out drinking the night before so I found it a bit odd. I decided it was nothing and tried to ignore the feeling like shit. Ignoring it was not a success. Finally made it down stairs and everyone was looking at me like I was dying, I guess I looked bad or something. As we were walking out the door to get into a Tuk Tuk I ran back up to my room, just made it in time and puked my guts up. The group decided it best I stay behind and rest and they would come get me at noon. They were only going to the hospital anyways to donate blood, and obviously I could not give blood in my state. I spent the entire morning in the bathroom shooting fluids out both ends. It was not a pretty sight. Finally was able to get some sleep for a an hour or so.

I woke up to my stomach rumbling, not from hunger, but from a warning to get to the bathroom fast. Amanda came back to pick me up, I pulled it together and went to meet the group at a pizza place to eat lunch. Got to the pizza place and ended up spending the whole time in their bathroom. After lunch that I did not eat since I was unable to keep anything down all day we went to the market before our meeting. I was dying at this point so I took a Tuk Tuk back to the guest house where I slept until supper time. Jonah woke me and said I needed to go with him to get meds cause I was dehydrated and needed to fix this problem asap before I landed in the Cambodian hospital. Got me some meds... tasted like ass, but they did the trick. That night I went to bed before sunset because my body was so weak from the shitting and the puking all day. It was not a good day lets just put it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment