Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 34

Woke up around 9am feeling like ass on a stick. Was not one of my favorite mornings. I got a shower hoping it would make me feel better like the day before, but it was an epic fail. Went and got some breakfast, once again couldn't really eat a whole lot because my stomach was making noises I've never heard before, plus my head was spinning and advil just wasn't cutting it. I was even starting to think I never wanted to drink again, but we all know that's not going to happen anytime soon. I'm only young, wild, and free once right. After breakfast we sat around anf watched Friends for a while, it seemed to help the hangover. After Friends we went back to our guesthouse and took a small nap because our heads were still spinning more then a spinning top.

We woke up an hour later and decided today was the day to rent motor bikes and go motor biking around Vang Vieng. Got us some nice bikes and the woman looks at us and says do you know how to drive one. I look at her and say, how do you turn it on. I think she was a bit nervous for us, but she let us go anyways. The first few minutes on the bike was the hardest cause I had to switch gears, while watching for cars and trying to stear. Teale on the other hand was scary on a bike. She would reve the engine then switch gears so her bike would pretty much jump in the air, lets just say she didn't really have control over her bike. I think I only knew what I was doing because I drove so many of my fathers toys while growing up, such as a fourwheeler and seadoo. I thank him for teaching me now. We drove for a little while and I hear Teale yell my name, I look back and she had almost crashed into a fence. At this point I was thinking the motor bike idea wasn't a good one. After a little while she started to get the hang of it so we took off without helmets into the mountains. We drove for hours into the mountains seeing Laos the best way you could possibly see it. The views were incredible, way better then anything I've ever seen before. The mountains were huge, and it was one after the other after the other. They never seemed to end. We drove like real Laos people, meaning if someone was going too slow you pass them on the inside or outside whichever way you prefer, and beat your horn at everything and anyone for being in your way. You would even drive on the other side of the road while something is coming right at you. Driving like real Laos people means you must drive with no fears. At times I was a little nervouse because a truck would be coming right at me, but for some strange reason we would never hit one another. this would never fly in Canada, there would be more accidents in Canada if people drove this way.

After hours of driving around with motor bikes we decided we had enough, plus we were running out of gas and didn't want to pay for more. Took our bikes back and headed to an internet place. Took care of some business on the internet, got caught up on all the gossip, then went out for food, and of course more Friends.

Later that evening we booked our bus for the next morning to Luang Prabang. This meant no drinking for us because we had an early morning the next morning. We didn't want a repeat of us almost missing the bus because we got drunk the night before. That was bad enough the first time. We spent the night walking around seeing things we needed to see, then Teale went to bed because she still wasn't feeling the greatest from the night before. I went and did internet for a while and ran into Mel and Eli who we came to Vang Vieng together, but as soon as we arrived went separate ways and didn't see each other. It was great running into one another again, but at the same time they were out of it. Seems like someone got into the happy stuff that night. We parted ways and I walked around after internet then headed to bed because morning comes early.

No comments:

Post a Comment