Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 27

We got to sleep in, and this time I slept in till 11. May sound early to some of you, but that was the latest I could sleep. We all got ready and met up and went to a sandwich place that Amanda loves so much. We chilled there for a large part of our day chatting and reading the Cambodian news. Read up on the Korea business since all my wonderful lady friends are there. Just making sure everything is still safe, cause if it wasn't I would turn into a mother and say get home you girlies. Sitting there I saw this little boy, he came into the sandwich place and asked me to buy a book. I don't read so the obvious answer was no, but he picked out a book for me and it was called "They Shot my Father First". It was all about the Khmer Rouge regime and this girls story. I decided it would be a perfect book to buy since Cambodian history facinates me. And plus he picked it out for me and promised a good deal. I trusted him, until I ran into another boy selling books and he was selling the same book for two bucks cheaper. I got scammed from those big brown eyes.

It was starting to look like it was going to rain so we went to a friend of Amanda's where we all sat around and discussed where our money we raised was going to go. We decided to sponsor one of the girls from NFC to go to University. We also decided to buy batteries for the solar pannels for the hill tribes, this will mean they can have electricity for longer then 10 minutes. Last we decided to give more money to S.C.A.O to build another school in a different part of the city so he can educate more children from different areas.

After chilling there for the day and discussing money we headed to Tiny Toone's which was a center for children. Not an orphanage, but if the child has no where else to go they are able to stay there. It is more of a place to go and be educated, and also learn how to break dance which allows them to take their mind off of the things that trouble them in the world. We stayed there for a while, watched them dance. Some of these kids were really good, they could kick any one of our ass on the dance floor. Some of the older kids/ not really kids are so good that they have even been in different music videos for different rappers.

We left Tinny Toone's and headed out for supper at a hot pot place. It's kinda like a Korea BBQ, but not. you have this hot plate in front of you and you cook your own food. It was interesting, but I way prefer Korean BBQ any day. After that we all went back to our guesthouse and chilled for the night watching movies. I got caught up in my journal and then headed to bed after screaming because of the massive bug in our room. I didn't sleep well that night because I kept having dreams of giant bugs in my bed... Ewwww.

No comments:

Post a Comment