Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 33

We woke up around noon not feeling the hottest. Felt like a ball of shit to be exact. We honestly didn't know if we were going to be able to get up and get ready for the day, for a moment there we thought it might be a wasted day in Vang Vieng, but we pulled it together got us a shower which made life so much better. Headed out for food since it was already almost 2 in the afternoon. I wasn't feeling the greatest so I didn't eat a very large meal. After lunch we sat around for a little while and watched some Friends since that's all they do there is sit around and watch Friends one episode after the other. I wasn't complaining though, I love Friends.

After a few episodes of Friends we decided today was the day, it was the day to go tubbing down the river. Went to the tubbing place and met a few girls I can't remember their names for the life of me and a lonely boy named Tim. We got our tubs and jumped into a Tuk Tuk together and headed to the river. We were expecting a bunch of people who were going to be tubbing down the river stopping at the bars along the way, but when we got there we realized no one really goes tubbing they just go to the bars. Whatever its a learning experience. We started off at Bar 1 and got us a bucket, chilled at bar one for a while chatting and meeting new people. After bar one we jumped into our tubs and headed down the river and stopped at bar two. Got another bucket and stayed there for a while meeting more new people. Bar two had a rope that you could swing on into the water, but it was extremely high and I didn't think I was drunk enough yet to try that one. After bar two we headed to bar three obviously. We ordered another bucket... note each one of these buckets have a full pint of whiskey in them, I watched her pore them, with very little mix, so it was hard to drink at first, but after the first one and all the free shots each bar gives out you couldn't taste the second two buckets. We stuck around bar three for a while longer then the rest because this is where we met a bunch of girls and we hung out with them drinking. Also this was the bar with the giant zip-line into the water so by this point I was drunk enough and decided why not. Got on the zip-line and took off into the water. One time wasn't enough for me, had to do it a bunch more times with different people, Tim and I went once together, and then I went with the group of girls we met. After the zip-linning into the water I continued to drink by getting another bucket, at the time it was a good idea. While getting a bucket a bunch of girls were walking around giving out bracelettes for free buckets at the bucket bar that night, so me being a Wry and all I thought to myself if I was my father I would never pass up a free drink, so I didn't. Got me a bunch of bracelettes for free buckets.

Now for all of you who don't know the river only had eight bars along it. After the third bar we decided to grab our tubs and head to the fourth bar. Went to get our tubs, looked everwhere for them and realized they were stollen. We thought that was a sign so we stayed at bar three for much longer and continued drinking until way into the night. Once the darkness took over the bars shut down so we grabbed a Tuk Tuk with a bunch of randoms and headed back to town. I was spinning and was thinking maybe I had one too many buckets. Got out of the Tuk Tuk and headed back to the guesthouse. There was no way I could drink anymore buckets, my night was over. Got to the guesthouse safe and sound, passed out while locking Teale out of our room. She comes back to the room an hour later and bangs on the door, but of course I am passed out so I don't hear her. She had to get the man to open the door and she told me I was passed out on the bed and there was no waking me. So guess the night came to an end pretty early.

No comments:

Post a Comment