Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 23

Woke up around 8am... was not a good time. Nat and I were hungover as shit, but we couldn't let the team down. We had to pull it together and go build a school. Got some bfast and headed on the road for 10sm to S.C.A.O. Once we got there both Nat and I thought we were going to die, but we got a paint brush and started painting. Spent the first part of the day painting and trying to finish the walls... that didn't happen. But we worked hard so that was good enough. In the afternoon I found a hammek and passed out for an hour trying to deal with the hangover. Once I woke up Nat took over my spot and passed out while I went and played with thew children. We played hide and seek and I leanred a lot about each child which was really good. Most children in Cambodia grow up much faster then children in Canada because they have to. They have to learn at an early age so they can get food for themselves. Its crazy, which is why so many of them have such facinating stories.

Later that night we decided to stay really late so we could take part in a conversational class they have every evening. We devided up into groups and the children got to ask us questions and we got to ask them questions. My group was interesting, they didn't know anything about Canada so I taught them as much as I knew. It also made me think... I don't actually knopw a lot about Canada myself so I would love to learn more. The children also taught me a lot about Cambodia so I think we both learned, me and the children. It was good to sit down and talk with the children. They all had interesting stories and couldn't believe how cold it got in Canada.

Once the conversation class was over we headed back to the guesthouse. Once back at the guesthouse a couple of the girls and myslef found a small cafe that had poutine so we went there and enjoyed a nice poutine that reminded us of home. It was awesome and amazing to finally have something different then rice. After the poutine we all went back and got a shower and decided why not go out. So obviously we went out. We went to a train station party, which was a giant party at a train staion with a bounch of different DJ's. It was pretty sick not gonna lie. Danced it up for a few hours at a train station and then headed to Heart of Darkness which was a bar we've never been to.

Got to the bar and it was totally sketchy. So many hookers and we were unsure if we should go in or not, but I was like lets do it girls we only live once. In we went and danced it up hard on the dance floor with i'm pretty sure they were hookers and a bunch of locals who loved us. Finally it was time to go home. I didn't need another hungover day building a school so we left the bar around 2am. Got ourselves some motorbikes and peaced home to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment