Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 35

Woke up around 7am, got us a quick breakfast and then headed to the place where the bus picks us up. Waited there for a few minutes until a Tuk Tuk driver told us he would take us to our mini bus so we got in with him and he drove us to our mini bus. Jumped into the mini bus to take us to Luang Prabang. The bus ride was 6 hours long, but the roads were so twisty and turny that if we were hungover we would have been sick more then a dozen times. I was thanking god I didn't drink the night before because I could see it being a disaster. The roads might have been bad, but the view was amazing, I tried to take pictures, but kept taking it at the wrong time so our mini bus stopped a few times so we could take a few pictures which was nice. Made us late arriving, but we didn't mind. We shared the mini bus with a few other people all from the UK, pretty much everyone we met was from the UK. But everyone seemed nice and we chatted a big part of the 6 hours, while the other half was spent trying to sleep, but not being able to because of the roads.

We go into town around 3:30, Grabbed a Tuk Tuk with the rest of the gang who were in the mini bus and headed to central part of the city. Found a really cheap guesthouse, but it was one of the sketchiest. We were pretty much living in this old man's home... no actually we were living in his home. It was weird, but he was a lovely man. Very nice man. We walked around the city for a bit and tried to found our way, but instead we found food so we sat down and ate. After dinner we headed to the night market where we bought a few things. Some things were super cheap, while others were very expensive... for some reason all the stuff I liked was expensive. I got good prices in the end so that's all that matters.

After spending too much time in the night market we headed to this bar/restaurant to have a few drinks and watch the football game. Watched Korea get their ass kicked and then decided to go check out the internet. After internet I went back to the guesthouse to drop some things off, but by this point the city was dying down fast. I know Laos has a curfiew, but I didn't think people would actually head to bed this early. Got to our guesthouse and the door was locked. I was locked out of the building. I knocked and woke the old man up, he let me in and then went to my room. Got into my room and saw a giant spider in our bathroom. Teale wasn't with me so there was no one to kill it. This spider was like no other spider, we do not have these spiders in Canada because it was a taranchula... actually it was. I was scared out of my tree so I ran out to the old man and woke him once again tried to communicate giant spider to him through body language. He came to our room saw the thing and killed it for me. He was my life saver. He laughed for a long time at me and called me a girl. He even teased me the next day when he saw me. I didn't really care though cause that was one less taranchula in my room. Teale came back a few minutes later and was sketched out because the city was dead and there were no one on the streets. This is when we decided it was time for bed since there was nothing else to do since the city was dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment