Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 30

Woke up around 8:30, we didn't really sleep much because it was so hot and had no AC to cool us down in the middle of the night. Also we were staying in a very sketchy place and I was worried about waking up with bugs on me all night, so obviously I was up almost every hour checking for bugs. God I am weird, or am I. Nope I'm just a sissy scared of bugs. We got showers and for the first time Teale and myself didn't have to meet the group, we were on our own. It was a bit scary, but at the same time such an adventure. We met up with Eli and Mel, who also decided to come to Dondet with us and got some breakfast together. After breakfast I decided it would be a good idea to have a beer since it was such a beautiful day. The beer was amazing, so smooth and just what was needed after a horrible day yesterday of travelling.

We walked around a bit checked the bus schedule and prices because our goal was to leave the next day and head to Vang Vieng. Booked our bus ticket, felt like we accomplished something so we all rented bikes and biked around the island. Took us most of the day to go all the way around, but we did stop a bunch. First stop was because of a monkey. It was a tiny baby and I kinda got carried away playing with him... found out later it was a girl. This monkey wasn't the so much a friend. He tried to take my camera... got a hold of hit and started to take off, but at the last minute i got a tiny piece of it so he dropped it just in time. Got my camera back and was done playing with the monkey... we parted ways.

Kept biking around the island and we ran into a bunch of children playing around so obviously me, I stop and play with them for a little while, while the rest of them kept biking. The kids were adorable and cute and we played games I could not tell you the name, but I lost every time. That could be because I was white and couldn't understand what they were saying so for all I know they could be making it up on the spot and they say the white lady loses every time.... who really knows.

Got back on my bike and found the others. They found a hammek bar so went in there grabbed me a hammek and chilled out there for a couple hours drinking the best mojito's I've ever tasted. We got food and sat there over looking the water. The view was incredible, and the bar was one of my favorite. Not a dancing place, but for sure a very chill place.

Biking finally came to an end as we passed the tiny monkey on the way back. I think he remembered me because as I was passing he tried to take Eli's shirt that was hanging on my bike. He got a hold of it, but I was too quick for the little buggar, the he tried to bite me, so I decided our time together was over.

Brought our bikes back, got more beer to hold us over for a while and went swimming. Myself personally I didn't go swimming. My leg was still not heeled over and it was still very open so I decided to hold off getting into the very dirty water that all the poop goes into. We then chilled out on a couple more hammeks as we watched the sun go down. After spending a lot of time in a hammek we decided to hit up the Indian place for food. I do not recommend, not good so don't go the only Indian place on Dondet island.

Got back to our place and chilled there watching some of the Football they call it while we call it soccer and then headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment